Volunteer, Be an Angel – The Beverley Memorial Hall needs YOU !
Please help support this vital community resource, it is not owned by Beverley Town Council, it is not owned by East Riding of Yorkshire Council, it is run as a charitable trust on behalf of the people of Beverley & surrounding areas.
At various times we need assistance in the bar, the kitchen, at tables, main hall and “front of house”, ticketing, plus many other sundry tasks. If you feel you could help the Memorial Hall, please call Annette on 01482 880244.
There are a variety of reasons why people decide to support a local charity, some donate cash others give their time as a volunteer (some do both). They know that they have the chance to make a difference to the people around them and give support to their community. Regardless of the motivation, what unites most volunteers is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
Volunteering provides an opportunity to:
- Give something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person’s life, either directly or indirectly
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Alleviate the boredom of retirement
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Meet new people and make new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Get to know the local community
Younger working age people have an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing knowledge and experience, it can also help improve social interaction skills. Being a volunteer can enhance a C.V. thus helping employment prospects.